(received in exchange for an honest review)
Do you have a young child in your life that is interested learning how to pray and the Bible verses that correspond? My Bedtime Bible Prayers is that book. This book contains 44 Bible verses and corresponding prayers. Extra Bible verses and discussion questions are included. Some of these prayers are
- “May We Choose You”
- “All Children are Welcome”
- “God is Faithful”
- “Give God Your Worries”
- “Made By God”
- “Truths about God”
- “I Am Brave”
- “Choose Goodness”
About the Author and Illustrator-
Karoline Pahus Pedersen is an author of a number of children’s books including Bible Promises for Babies.
Gavin Scott is an illustrator of a number of children’s books including the My God Loves Me Bible.
– I like the table of contents, because the parent and child can pick the prayer that will work for them at a specific period in time. One example would be “Peaceful Sleep” on page 34. It lists Psalm 4:8 (written out), Psalm 121:4-6 (use a Bible), a prayer about sleeping and having a peaceful rest, and a discussion about what to do when you wake up at night. This prayer and verse sequence will help all children be relaxed as they drift off to sleep.
– I know that the title is My Bedtime Bible Prayers, but these prayer and verse sequences can be done at any time of the day. Subjects that can be done any time of the day are gratefulness, being blessed, God is with us, and there are more I haven’t listed.
– I like the lightly padded cover, because it adds depth and comfort for young children. The illustrations by Gavin Scott are colorful and child friendly. They are very realistic and all children will enjoy them.
– The suggested ages are 6-8, but I think that children who are younger and older will enjoy this book and learn the importance of praying.
I highly recommend this book for the young children in your life.
Genre- Juvenile Nonfiction / Religious / Christian / Devotional & Prayer
Published by- Kregel Children’s Books (Kregel Publications)
Number of pages- 96
Age Group- Children between 6 and 8 (I think that younger and older children will enjoy learning the verses and prayers.)
Description of book- Hardback, listed price- $10.99, ISBN 978-0-8254-4633-7
Disclosure of Material Connection- I received a FREE copy of this product through Kregel Publications in exchange for my honest review. I was not required to write a positive review nor was I compensated in any other way. All opinions I have expressed are my own or those of my family. I am disclosing this in accordance with the FTC Regulations.